Subject: Re: esp/fas
To: None <and@genesyslab.com, port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/2000 15:55:46
	My SUNW,fas started to exchange messages and I'd like to share
	the problems I see. First one is that hard drive
	which works under solaris responds CHECK_CONDITION status for
	TEST_UNIT_READY. I don't have much scsi experience but it looks
	a little bit strange to me. Second after it was requested
	REQUEST_SENSE it doesn't return any data but returns status GOOD.

That's a bit strange.  Some disks process TUR in the servo dispatch
part of the firmware, so that may be what's happenning here.  Does
the disk work properly?  What happens if you attach it to a different
controller?

Are you sending wide arbitration messages?  Are you sure you're
handling the fifo correctly?  Remember that only the data phase is
wide.

	REQUEST_SENSE command sent without any message-out, and there is
	comment in driver that there should be that way but it strange because
	it seems violation of scsi.

Sending REQUEST_SENSE without any messages is correct.  The ITL
nexus is maintained once a contingence allegence condition has
occured.

	Any pointers, suggestions or possible directions appreciated.

You can try hunting down the SCSI spec on the t10 website....

Eduardo