Subject: X server colourmap weirdness
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/20/2000 19:05:13
I have just installed NetBSD-1.5Alpha2 (with the X sets from the
June 20 I think it was, snapshot, as there were none in ALPHA2)
on an SS10 (cgsix) - most times when the X screensaver blanks the
screen it returns with the colourmap totally screwed...

The most simple example is just to start xdm, and leave it until
the screen saver has cut in, then move the mouse (or touch the
keyboard) to wake up the display - the crosshatch background hasn't
altered, but the white background to the login widget is now red,
(as is the xconsole background) and the hostname in the login widget
which is normally a steel blue (something like that) is now bright
green...

Has anyone seen anything like that before?   Would recompiling the
X server based upon more current sources help (what I used was just
the most up to date binary sets available when I made some CDs to
cart about with me before I left home 3 1/2 weeks ago...)

kre