Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 and Tadpole support
To: None <qball@ansic.net>
From: Julian Assange <proff@suburbia.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/07/2000 17:27:10
> Anyone here happen to be familiar with what improvements / progress has been
> made with tadpole support for the upcoming NetBSD 1.5 release?
> ie
>         Will X work yet?
X works out of the box!

>         Sound? (ISDN/Sound combo right? DBRI sound?)
No idea.

>         PowerSaving features?
I know someone was hacking on apm support. /dev/apmctl seems to do
something and 1.5 sparc set comes with apmd. For reference, 1.5
also comes with tadpolectl:

     Name                                Changeable    Valid
     hw.microcontroller.version          no            yes
     hw.version                          no            yes
     hw.poweroncycles                    no            yes
     hw.poweronseconds                   no            yes
     hw.power.mains                      no            yes
     hw.power.battery.int                no            yes
     hw.power.battery.ext                no            yes
     hw.power.battery.chargedisabled     yes           yes
     hw.power.battery.int.chargerate     yes           yes
     hw.power.battery.ext.chargerate     yes           yes
     hw.power.battery.int.chargelevel    no            yes
     hw.power.battery.ext.chargelevel    no            yes
     hw.video.external                   no            yes
     hw.video.lid                        no            yes
     hw.video.syncinva                   yes           yes
     hw.video.syncinvb                   yes           yes
     hw.video.compsync                   yes           yes
     hw.video.tft.brightness             yes           yes
     hw.speaker.freq                     yes           no
     hw.speaker.volume                   yes           yes
     hw.kbd.repeat.delay                 yes           yes
     hw.kbd.repeat.speed                 yes           yes
     hw.kbd.click                        yes           yes
     hw.mouse.recalibrate                yes           no
     hw.mouse.disable                    yes           yes
     hw.mouse.intclick                   yes           yes
     hw.mouse.extclick                   yes           yes
     hw.mouse.sensitivity                yes           yes
     hw.serial.power                     yes           yes

Cheers,
Julian.