Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/2000 01:12:19
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:
% 1) exit sysinst
% 2) newfs /dev/sd1a

  Again, when I try to execute this command it immediately says :

# newfs /dev/sd1a
uid 0 on /: file system full

/: write failed, file system is full
pid 20 (newfs),uid 0: exited on system 11 (core not dumped, err=28)
segmentation fault.

Attempting to run 'df' gives me a similar error, and running 'mount'
gives me an illegal instruction trap and sends me into kdb.

  This is simply after :

1) Using format in Solaris to write a disklabel to the disk, setup
   partitions
2) Using dd if=ramdisk.fs of=/dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s1 to write the ramdisk
   to my swap partition
3) installboot bootblk /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s0
4) Booting from c1t2d0s0 in OpenBoot then entering 'sd1*' when NetBSD
   asks for a root device, entering none for a dump device, and
   letting it autodetect the filesystem type.

  No matter what method of installation I do, I ALWAYS end up with
file system full errors from sysinst, or from the shell.  Has anyone
been able to successfully install this 1.5_BETA on an Ultra 5?  On any
other type of system?  It really looks like the memory disk being
created is not large enough.  Any more ideas?

	Murray