Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/31/2000 16:40:39
   On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, matthew green wrote:
   % what this is is sysinst finding an "old" ffs around and using fsck's upgrade
   % ability to upgrade it to a "newer" ffs.  "fsck_ffs -c 2 /dev/..." will upgrade
   % to level 2.

     But that command will not be successfully executed because it
   complains that / is full.  I turned off logging in sysinst but that
   didn't solve the problem.  It still dies and will not complete the
   fsck because it says / is full.  What is it trying to write?  I don't
   have the NetBSD source around but I suppose I can go take a peak
   myself if noone knows where this is coming from.

hmm.. so you boot the ramdisk.fs out of swap, right?  and sd0a was already
newfs'ed under solaris?  if you run the fsck outside of sysinst, does it
still lose?  eg, exit sysinst and run:

	# fsck_ffs -c 3 /dev/rsd0a

(it seems that level 3 is the default these days.)