Subject: Re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/30/2000 15:28:59
On 30 Oct 2000 eeh@netbsd.org wrote:
% I must be missing something.

  Yes, I'm sorry I should have clarified than I'm using an NCR scsi
controller.

% 2) If you're using a PCI scsi controller then the miniruut should
% be going into partition `b' (slice 1) and when prompted for a
% root partition you should specify `sd1*'.

  The miniroot did go into partition 'b' and thats what I booted.
When it prompted for a root parition I entered 'sd1b' and no dump
device since that made the most since to me.  Is that incorrect?  I
copied the ramdisk to sd1b so why is sd1b not the correct root device?
No other slices have been populated yet so that's all that I tried.

% 3) Formatting the root should be done by the ramdisk.  Since it's
% creating a new partition it should not be running fsck on it.

  Hmm.  This did not happen.  I'm at work now and away from my U5 but
I will play with it more tonight.  It seems like anything I did bombed
out with fsck errors of some type and complaints about / (the ramdisk)
being full.

	- Murray