Subject: Re: r/o filesystem restrictions for firewall?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/23/2000 17:00:03
On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Jon Lindgren wrote:

>Correct.  I want [read: need] this box to be:
>
>1) Insert NetBSD CD mod'd to be a firewall,
>2) Boot
>3) Enjoy
>
>[lather, rinse, repeat]

Then mounting the CD as the root filesystem is not the way to go.  I
would recommend creating a bootable CDROM that does nothing but write
out a disk image to your hard drive.  Then the box can be a fully
functional NetBSD machine with a r/w root filesystem.  Then if the box
gets rooted, you simply pop the CD in, and flip the switch and your
drive will get rewritten.

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a