Subject: Re: 1.5 snapshot update
To: None <and@genesyslab.com, dp@recycled.net>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/21/2000 15:38:45
	On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, DP wrote:

	> Wot's the status of hme these days? There were some issues with it a while

	hme/sbus works for me on sparc64(ultra2).

For that matter le/sbus works for me now that DMA_CONSISTENT
has been added to the dma *load*() calls.  (N.B. The same changes
are probably required for ISP).

	> back; were they resolved? Is it working well?
	> How about fas? Just curious. :-)

	I'm also interested to know if anybody works on fas. I started to look
	on it and would like to know how can I get qlogic's specs on fas366.
	Any information will be appreciated.

The specs to the FAS366 are available on the SME website.  It's
part of a larger ASIC which I think combines HME and the parallel
port as well.  Poke around there a bit.

Anyway, FAS366 is a wide version of the ncr53c9x with the DMA
engine attached.  The esp driver can be enhanced to support FAS,
which I plan to do as soon as I get a FAS to play with.  But until
then, feel free to give it a try.

Eduardo.