Subject: Re: heads up: installation changes
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Stephen B. Salai <bsalai@rochester.rr.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/19/2000 22:56:11
I've been trying to upgrade a 1.4.1 system to 1.5_Alpha using the cdrom
method, and am either doing something wrong, or the .iso image is
missing something.

I burned the cdrom pretty easily, and it boots fine. It doesn't start
the install/upgrade program, and even if I mount the cd and go to
upgrade.sh, it won't run, because it can't find /kern/msgbuf.

I tried doing it by hand, which isn't normally a problem, but I don't
know how to manually update the boot loader, and without that, the 1.5
kernel won't boot just by copying it to /

Any ideas?

Brad