Subject: Re: ppp dial in server
To: Joseph Sirucka - Netics <joseph.sirucka@netics.com.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/17/2000 20:55:46
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Joseph Sirucka - Netics wrote:

> Hi  Folks
>
> I am trying to set up a sparc 2 netbsd box as a dial in server.
>
> Is there any documentation on how to do this.

	I know people have reported very good experience with running
	mgetty (in pkgsrc/commns/mgetty+sendfax) for ppp dial in,
	though getty(8) supports recognizing ppp connections.

	First I would recommend connecting another machine directly
	via serial, and manually run pppd at both ends to get the
	desired configuration, then switch to getty and add modem.

	There are various pppd howtos on the net - you could try at
	http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/
	(I'm not online right now so cannot check).

> Also is the serial/parrallel card also supported in netbsd sparc.

	The built in serial ports in the sparc2 are supported, plus some
	of the magma sbus cards - what card do you have?

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --