Subject: sun4/110 and panic on install
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/16/2000 22:29:08
I'm currently trying to install 1.4.2 on a Sun4/110.  I'm netbooting (only
the 1.3 boot.net would work), and nfs mounting an expanded miniroot.
The kernel I'm booting is the one found in the 1.4.2 miniroot image.
The machine seems to boot ok, and I get to the installation script.
I select timezone, etc., but when I select sd0 for my install drive,
I get "panic: si_dma_stop: excess transfer".  Has anyone else seen this??
The drive is properly recognized in the kernel boot messages, the only thing
of note is that it's setting some DMA option when the kernel comes up.
I don't know if this is related.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
-Mark