Subject: re: Update of supported hardware list, please check for veracity
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2000 22:12:48
At 10:15 AM +1100 10/13/00, matthew green wrote:

:)              o   sun4u and other UltraSPARC based machines.
:)
:)                There is a separate sparc64 port for these machines.
:Refer to
:)                        http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc64/index.html
:)
:)the way this is worded is bizarre.  it should be moved to a different
:)section, and out of the "unsupported" section.

Good point.

:)does netbsd/sparc actually work with 4MB ?

Probably not anymore.  Should I suggest 8 MB?

:)              o   bpp (bi-directional parallel port, built-in and sbus card)
:)
:)this is supported now i believe ?

Last I heard someone was playing with it (der Mouse?), but I hadn't heard
anything else on port-sparc.  Can someone confirm that bpp does indeed work
as advertised?  I noticed that it is enabled in GENERIC now.

  -- MW