Subject: install question
To: 'port-sparc@netbsd.org ' <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Collins <pineypl@bellsouth.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/2000 14:04:16
I apologize for posting an install question on this list, but I am
having trouble with an SS2 NetBSD install.

When I try to install on an SS2 with prom 2.9, the install(NetBSD 1.4.2)
goes fine until the media question asks for the source of the install.
When I select floppy, it asks which floppy and indicates to use
/dev/fd0a. Anything I answer at this point, including the default, gives
me a segmentation fault and a core dump.

I am stymied by this, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks tons.
Bob

--
Bob 'where the hell did the last 86400 go' Collins
MCSE, FreeBSD_Fanatic '95 E36/5 Sport >> Active