Subject: bootloader trouble on sun4
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jussi Hamalainen <count@theblah.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/06/2000 04:03:02
Bootloader versions 1.9 or above don't seem to work on sun4. The
boot.net in that comes with 1.4.2 displays its header and then
crashes. Booting from disk just gives me an mvmap error. Has anyone
else had similar problems? V1.8 seems to work, except with
1.4.2-sun4-netbsd.ram, which causes an illegal instruction while

Is there a nicer way to install via netboot than going through
the trouble of setting up an NFS-root environment and then installing
from there?

Btw, I finally got NetBSD installed on my Sun 4/330. I had to
put in 1.4.1 though because of the bootloader and incompatible
install kernel in 1.4.2. After the installation as I began compiling
software packages the system disk died horribly in a head crash.

*sigh* :(

--
-=[ Count Zero / TBH - Jussi Hämäläinen - email count@theblah.org ]=-