Subject: Booting a SS1+
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Vander Aa <Tom.VanderAa@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/2000 16:56:17
Hello,

I dug up an old Sparc Station 1+ and tried to boot NetBSD on it using
the network as boot device.
I got as far as booting the kernel (ie through the OpenBoot, rarp, tftp
and bootparamd stages,
panics when trying to access
memory at location 0xf0005000. Possible cause is the fact that someone
removed the floppy drive.

My question(s):
 - How do I enable the kernel debugger? (via bootparamd??) This would
make it possible to generate a trace...
 - What device is mapped at 0xf0005000 (fdc??)?
 - Could someone compile me a kernel without fdc support? (if that
should be the problem) (I don't feel like going through the hassle of
making a complete cross-compiler.

My system is a Sparc Station 1+, 52MB ram.

Any clues?
Tom

--
Tom Vander Aa                        Tom.VanderAa@esat.kuleuven.ac.be