Subject: soft updates on low-end sparc
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/27/2000 21:37:20
I would like to know well soft updates are working on low-end Sun
sparcstations.

I've been running 1.4.2 on an SS5, and it is very reliable and
handles a decent load.  My current SS5 runs news, mail, and Postres
database servers.  I could use a boost in file system performance
and was curious how much soft updates helped a machine like this.
It seems dramatic on FreeBSD for Intel (for some things), but I've
not found anything yet regarding it's affect on a NetBSD sparcstation.

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist