Subject: Re: Adding disks to a system
To: Goldarg <goldarg@dub.net>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2000 18:06:34
On 24 Sep 2000, Goldarg wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>I have NetBSD 1.4.2 on my little 48meg sparc IPC and its doing a lot of
>work for its size :). Currently I just have a 4 gig scsi drive mounted
>internally as / with a swap partition set aside. I recently got three more
>scsi disks, each about 1.2 gigs in size and I want to hook them up to the
>system as well useing two of them for my news feed which is currently
>running off the one four gig drive and use the third as a mail spool or
>mail/log storage. To do this I realize I need to make a linear raid out of
>the two drives, How do I do this under netbsd, and will there be any
>problems running the extra drives off the system?

You'll obviously need to install all of these drives externally.
There should be no problem running the other drives provided you ensure
they all have unique SCSI IDs.  As for the striping, you need to read up
on NetBSD's NetFrame software RAID stuff.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying