Subject: SparcStation 10 and scsi termination, was: ss10 + Quantum Atlas +
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/2000 22:50:16
This is starting to get funny...

I might mention that I don't have that much experience with Sun hardware.
Playing around, I noticed that I get less parity errors if I attach the
Atlases externally. And even less errors if I run them internally, but
attach a properly terminated cdrom drive externally.

To those of you who are actually running NetBSD on a ss10: What is the
proper way of terminating the scsi chain on that box? From what I can see,
one terminal point of the bus is the drive 0 connector (right drive as seen
from the front). I terminated drive 0 but that didn't help me much. Should
I get an active terminator for drive 0 (not much room there)?

The other terminal is (obviously) the external connector. Does the ss10
want an external terminator plug when no external devices are attached?

Helpful comments appreciated,

	hauke