Subject: Re: SunPC support?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/18/2000 09:33:43
On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, David Brownlee wrote:

: 	Sorry - I switched between the software and board in my post -
: 	I was thinking more about getting the SunPC hardware board
: 	running with NetBSD on the host system, and then trying to get
: 	the board to run Windows or NetBSD.

This requires kernel support.  The SunPC board, while bearing a processor
and BIOS, does not have any memory (it shares the Sun memory bus), and must
be configured by the kernel, providing a /dev node for the userland software
to use.

Feel free to get the sunpc.o driver module from Solaris and "objdump -d"

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/