Subject: Re: Cache and Ethernet Info request
To: None <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/15/2000 06:52:12
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is the lack of performance compared to the le or 100MBit cards on
> other platforms?

100Mb cards.  I see about a 100k/s increase when using the be in 100 as
opposed to 10 mode (IIRC I got about 820k/s via 10 meg, and about
930k/s on 100 meg - as reported by ttcp, at least).  That's on a switched
network, too...  Not that I'm complaining about having an extra 100k/s to
my SS5, but the grass is always greener on the other side of the MII ;-)

-Jon
 "Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons."
 "Zing, zing zing zing!"
 "Keep away from the trout."