Subject: Re: 1024x768 cgthree strangeness
To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/14/2000 19:12:01
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Grey Wolf wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 abs@purplei.com wrote:
>
> # 	I have a cgthree that appears to want to be a 1024x768 device.
> # 	(If anyone knows how to tell it to be 1152x900 that would be
> # 	great, but that is not the bug here).
>
> It will go to 1152x900 iff your monitor supports that particular res.
> If not, it will default to 1024x768.  This is evident most often on
> the very low end sun monitors.

	All the monitors I have here support 1152x900, its just the
	monitor sense pins are not connected as most of the monitors
	are BNC - I should probably start playing with the cables :)

> # 	If I use the normal cg3 or cg6 as the console device, and the
> # 	1024x768 as the second framebuffer, the kernel detects it as
> # 	1152x900 and it doesn't work at all - the getpropint() calls in
> # 	fb_setsize_obp() do not extract the width or height.
>
> Now THAT's odd...

	Decidedly - but it _does_ work fine as the console.. ?!?

> # 	So... anyone have any ideas - also does anyone know how to list
> # 	the properties of an sbus card from a prom on a sparc10?
>
> ok cd /iommu/sbus
> ok ls
> [look at what's there, keep drilling down until you hit the
> cg6/cg3/whatever, and cd to it.]
> ok .attributes (or .properties, whichever your PROM supports)

	It definitely didn't support .properties - I'll try .attributes
	next time I'm at it - thanks!

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --