Subject: Re: Wanted: Linux driver for cgtwelve video
To: None <matthieu@laas.fr>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/14/2000 14:52:08
At 8:46 -0700 9/14/00, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
>You wrote (in your message from Thursday 14)
>  >
>  > I don't suppose the cg14 support included being able to run 24 bits
>  > deep, in addition to 8 bits deep? The last time I looked at their
>  > stuff (from the Debian distribution sent out over a year ago), they
>  > were no better off than we were (i.e. 8bpp only, emulating a large
>  > cg3).
>
>There's support for 32 bits depth with the cg14 on Linux in XFree86
>4.0.1. But no support for cg12 there either.

Thanks, I'll have to go in search of that driver again, and see what
it tells me about how to modify our driver. See, I have this SS20
with an 8MB VSIMM in it for the SX (cg14) graphics subsystem, and a
20" GDM-20E10 to drive at 1280x1024x24bpp...

I did try turning on the ifdefs for "cgeight" emulation in the NetBSD
cg14 driver; as advertised in the comments, it does not work in its
current incarnation.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>