Subject: Re: Graphics card
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: David Pettersson <dave@se.linux.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/12/2000 23:51:45
On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 03:21:45PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On September 12, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
> > But that's probably not going to be a tremendous improvement.  Your
> > biggest problem is an extremely slow CPU.
>
>   Ahh, Eduardo is lost in UltraSPARC-land.  Dude...there are plenty of
> people around here getting lots of useful work done even on SS2s. :-)

My SS4 with 64 Mb RAM and a 110 Mhz is a quite nice machine (imho), at least
it is faster than (or seems at least :), than my P75 with 24 Mb RAM. I'm
quite pleased with it.

Btw, thanks for all posted answers regarding graphics cards. I'll be looking
around for one of those TGX cards.

Thanks again,

David

--