Subject: Re: Graphics card
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/12/2000 12:35:25
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

# On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Dave McGuire wrote:
#
# > On September 12, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
# > > But that's probably not going to be a tremendous improvement.  Your
# > > biggest problem is an extremely slow CPU.
# >
# >   Ahh, Eduardo is lost in UltraSPARC-land.  Dude...there are plenty of
# > people around here getting lots of useful work done even on SS2s. :-)
#
# Oh, I used to have an SS2, then an SS5 on my desk.
#
# Yes, they are quite useful, as long as you don't try to run X11 on
# them....

Actually X11 on an SS5/CG6 (anyone got an S24 they don't want?), 175MHz,
64MB memory is rather comfortable.  It BLAZES compared to the SS2-class
machines.

# Eduardo Horvath

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */