Subject: Graphics card
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: David Pettersson <dave@se.linux.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/12/2000 19:22:38
** This might be a bit off topic, I'm sorry if so

Hi,

I've just successfully managed to install NetBSD 1.4.2 on my SPARCstation
4, and I am pleased to say that everything works just fine, and well over
expectations. The only downside as I see it, is that Netscape isn't
available (I thought of Mozilla, but being a modem-user, downloading
isn't a viable option :).

Credits to all of the developers involved.

Anyway, what I really was wondering, and what might be off-topic, is whether
or not it is possible to upgrade the graphics hardware in the SS4 by
inserting some sort fancier card. Anyone know whether this is possible, and
perhaps how it is done?

Any help/info is appreciated (please post replies to me only, unless of
general interest).

Thanks,

David

--