Subject: Re: What's "Can't find /packages" mean?
To: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/07/2000 18:52:31
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Grey Wolf wrote:

> I shall probably have to go out and find a SPARC wizard who knows what
> manner of black magic this be, but I thought I'd try here first to
> see if any of our resident SPARC gurus might have encountered this before.
> L1-D, L1-N and reset-defaults have proven fruitless.

I have not had all that much experience with 2.x PROMs but 3.x PROMS have
a variable called `fcode-debug?' that tells the PROM not to discard the
bootloader's symbols and a built in fcode debugger.  You can try setting
`fcode-debug?' doing a `reset-all' then `debug boot' and trying to boot.
You can also try the `-D' `-v' and `-V' flags to see if they cause the
PROM to print out any additional information.

Finally, make sure your devaliases are correct and don't have some strange
`/packages/...' in them.

Eduardo Horvath