Subject: Re: What's "Can't find /packages" mean?
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/07/2000 08:05:25
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Greywolf wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
>
> # Hm.  I suspect that your prom is hozed.  You can try `set-defaults' and
> # clearing out the nvramrc.  You can also try resetting the machine and
> # holding down L1-N or L1-D.  Also look in the nvram FAQ and see if it has
> # any suggestions for your vertion of the PROM.
>
> Version 2.29, FWIW.  I'm not finding anything pertaining to "packages".

I meant you should look into the instructions for resetting your PROM's
NVRAM.

However if you can boot from one disk but not the other then it's
something else.

I did a quick visual inspection of the sources for the bootloaders and
did not find any reference to `/packages'.  However that was not very
thourough.  Try using `strings' on the bootblocks and see if anything has
`packages' in it.

Eduardo Horvath