Subject: Re: [OT] - Sparc voltage requirements...
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/04/2000 09:14:28
   Hi,

   Sorry to post an off-topic one, but you guys
   should know the answer to the following
   question (there is nothing at sunhelp.org that
   says for example!):-

   Are Sun power-supplies dual-voltage?  i.e can
   you run a US spec system on a UK supply?

   Sparcs are dirt cheap in the US and I don't
   wish to spend too much cash on one.  It'll
   be running NetBSD of course (probably on a
   Sparc-4/5 depending on costs...).  I'm just
   fed up with PC reliability if you know what
   I mean...

   Thanks,

   - Chris.

   PS - Please can you forward all replies to me
   as I'm not on the list (yet!).

Although it might be model dependent, a particular power supply that I use
in an IPC here [Power supply model: APS-02, Part Number: 300-1055-05.  Its
actually a Sony power supply] has the following written on it:

Input:

AC 100-120V 4.6A
AC 200-240V 2.5A
47-63MHZ

I am pretty sure that I have seen Sun power supplies also advertise
themselves as being able to do: 90-250V 47-63MHZ, but my memory is fuzzy
on this point.

You will need the correct power cord, of course...

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]