Subject: Re: keyboard/mouse/serial on JS-1
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/02/2000 13:15:00
On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 05:45:57PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:

 > Now one thing is pretty confusing to me; how the keyboard, mouse and
 > serial port are configured by hardwares?  I can see National Semi's
 > SuperI/O combo chip underneath power unit, and I have such an
 > impression that JavaStation-1 has no Zilog serial chip, all of three
 > I/O are managed by the combo, but generic kernel does detect two of
 > Zilog ???

There is a Zilog serial for the keyboard/mouse.  The SuperIO chip is
used to supply a "com" which is for the normal port on the back of the
system.

What we need to do for the keyboard/mouse is teach the sun kbd/ms drivers
to understand the pckbd/pms keyboard and mouse protocols.

Sigh, if only for STREAMS.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>