Subject: disk panic on install
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Cole <cynder@babcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/2000 07:09:12
I'm attempting to install NetBSD on a Sparc5. I dd'd the miniroot to my
swap partition, and was able to boot off of it without a problem.

However, when it starts to go through and check things, I run into a
problem. It checks to see where root dumps, gets the Max sync rate of sd0,
reports the root file system type, and then panics on a bad dir error.

Here's the full text of the error:

root on sd0b dumps on sd0b
sd0(esp0:3:0): max sync rate 10.00Mb/s
WARNING: clock gained 168 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
root file system type: ffs
/: bad dir in 4 at offset 0: mangled entry
panic: bad dir

Then, it syncs the disks, and reboots.

What do I need to do to fix this?

			Just answer the question please.
	     Uncooperative subjects waste valuable computer time.
			     - Michael Crichton

Your Excuse for the day is:
Your process is not ISO 9000 compliant.