Subject: Re: degauss key
To: Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
From: None <dp.at.recycled.net@trash.recycled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/28/2000 08:38:37
Sun keyboards have keys for many neato things, including volume up/down/mute,
contrast, etc. I didn't know one of these was a degauss key. :)

In Solaris, the "special keys" on the keyboard are controlled via the
speckeysd/xspeckeysd daemon (or something like that? I can't find it now). Note
that they only have an effect on machines with hardware that will support it --
e.g, you can change contrast with them on a Sun Voyager, but probably not much
else.

You might start with the Solaris docs on the daemons, I seem to recall they've
got some info in there.