Subject: Re: SS2 w/ Power uP
To: Josh Davidson <dogtoy@ductape.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/26/2000 18:02:12
On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 10:41:42AM -0500, Josh Davidson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got an SS2 w/ a weitek power uP processor, and 64 mb ram.  When i first
> got it, all 64mb ram were detected and tested ok.  Now (1 hour later) only 48mb
> are detected.  Also, both le0 and le1 have the same hardware address.

This is normal for Sun machines, the MAC addr is stored in the motherboard's
eeprom; there's no storage on the ethernet boards for this.

> I was going to try taking the ram out and cleaning the leads, but i couldn't
> figure out the trick to getting the SIMMs out.  How can i get them out?

I'm not sure, the SS2 I have here are clones, and the SIMMs may be different.
I've been able to pull the SIMMS out with a screwdriver between the simm
and the socket, to escape the socket's lock of the SIMM hole.
But maybe just pushing on them will be enouth ?