Subject: Re: pc-card sbus cards (nell) (was Re: sbud FDDI cards revisited)
To: None <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/26/2000 18:00:12
In an email from David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>, sie wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:54:44PM +0000, Sean Berry wrote:
> >
> > I've recently acquired several sbus PC-Card cages (nell) (FCC ID GVWNELL),
> > looks like part number 270-2367-02 rev 02.  My goal is to wire up Lucent
> > wavelan cards in any-to-any mode and have cheapo wireless base-stations.
> >

>   I was going to do the exact same thing.  I found a guy with the cages for
> $45 US or so; I procrastinated.
>   I asked about this in March or so; there might be some info in the archives.

I've got an SS2 with one of those in it, with NetBSD installed.

If I plug a card in, it panics.

If I eject a card, it panics.

NetBSD/sparc is missing a bunch of middle-layer bus_dma stuff that the nell
driver needs (things like extents, etc).

I was going to hack on it but when I discovered the reason why it doesn't,
I punted and filed a PR about the missing interconnect bits.

Cheers,
Darren