Subject: Re: supported ethernet-devicees
To: Christian Robl <christian@qdev.de>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/21/2000 07:41:06
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Christian Robl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I run a SparcCLASSIC under NetBSD 1.4.2 and want to buy a second ethernet
> device (SBUS).
> I know, there are several cards supported as stated on the sparc-netbsd-site,
> but I dont know exactly if the cards I can get are supported by netbsd.
>
> I have the possibility to get following cards (SUN-PN):
>
> PN 501-2655 (Quad)
> PN 501-1881 (with 10Base2)
> PN 501-1450
>
> Is any of the above listed cards supported by current netbsd-142?

If you check http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/sbus.html it lists the
501-1881 explicitly.  I've heard success stories with the quad cards, but
I can't vouch for them personally...  I do, however, run a 501-1881 under
1.4.2 - flawless, so far.  The be card seems to work okay as well,
although performance is lackluster, even in 100 mode, and it doesn't
support full-duplex (at least, not under 1.4.2 AFAIK).

Hope this helps,

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)