Subject: Re: Framing error CRC error...?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/15/2000 11:32:31
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> Hi, all. I've just recently physically moved a Sparc IPC, and now I get
> whole bunch of "Framing error CRC error" messages from it as it tries to
> netboot. It will sometimes eventually bull through, but there's
> obviously
> something wrong.

I've seen similar problems when the tranceiver had SQE turned on, but it
never generated the exact message you reported.  Might not hurt to check,
tho.

Just my $0.02

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)