Subject: Re: sbus FDDI cards?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/13/2000 23:18:32
On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Greg Earle wrote:
> The Cisco SBus FDDI/CDDI cards were Crescendo cards.  Cisco bought
> Crescendo some time back, and promptly EOL'd the cards soon
> thereafter.  We've been EOL'ing systems left and right at work that
> had these cards in them, hooked up to Cisco (nee Crescendo) FDDI/CDDI
> switches.

All the NPI boards (that I've seen) use the National Semi. "BMAC",
"PLAYER" and supporting silicon plus a spattering of XILINX FPGAs.

The Cisco/Crescendo use the AMD SuperNET (IIRC) (or earlier MACH
controllers) chipset.  SysKonnect also makes FDDI boards which use this
chipset and they have a little documentation available plus a Linux driver
(I think).

Writing SBUS FDDI drivers would be non-trivial for the NPI and maybe a bit
easier for the AMD based boards.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |