Subject: Re: Australian Timezone Correction - NetBSD-1.4.2
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/11/2000 17:26:44
    Date:        Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:08:56 -0400
    From:        Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>

  | please...i never said that "ordinary mortals" would not use it.

Sorry, that's how it read.

  | I only said that its only purpose was to aid in the creation of the time
  | zone data files.

That's certainly true.

  | i always thought that yearistype was not installed for general
  | use because it would only be used by about 1/10000 people.

It is a tz data file (source for a data file) and belongs with the
other tz data files, there's certainly no rational reason for installing
it somewhere that is going to be included in $PATH just to make the
way zic uses it by default work.   Zic needs to be fixed.

The right resolution for what to do with yearistype is being considered
on the tz mailing list - it isn't an urgent problem as there are no
current timezones that need it (it is only necessary when dealing with
rules into the indefinite future which are specified to vary depending on
some property of the year number).

kre