Subject: Re: sbus FDDI cards?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Kurt J. Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2000 15:44:29
On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 02:33:14PM -0400, Jon Lindgren wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Kurt J. Lidl wrote:
>
> [gratuitous snip]
>
> > These cards are manufactured by Network Peripherals, Inc.
> > (https://www.npix.com)
>
> Do you know if the Cisco sbus FDDI cards are the essentially rebadged
> NPIs?  I'd heard that they were, but never having held one in my hand I'm
> still a bit dubious.

I've never seen one, but it wouldn't surprize me too much if they were
the same card.

After grunging through the Cisco webserver, I see they have support for
downloadable firmware upgrades of their FDDI/CDDI adaptors, which I
don't remember ever seeing any reference to with the NPI based sbus
adaptors.  Based on this, I would guess they are not the same hardware.
But, I have to stress, this is a guess and not a statement of fact.

-Kurt