Subject: sbus FDDI cards?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/08/2000 09:17:49
I asked this once in the past, and I can't remember the answer.

I know that no sbus FDDI cards are supported, and I believe it was due to
lack of docs on the chipsets.

Can anyone tell me what chipsets we need info about?  I see tons of FDDI
cards up for auction/sale/give-away/trash/etc... and my mouth waters with
the prospect of firing up a few of those bad boys and connecting them to
my network.

I can't see why Sun shouldn't release info about these, especially given
many company's new found embrace for open source... perhaps a bit of slick
talking, pseudo beers and grumbling on my knees will get docs for some of
these chipsets.  And that'd certainly make us FDDI people scream with joy.

So does anyone know specific part numbers?

TIA.

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)