Subject: Re: sm100 w/ le0
To: None <garry@linuxstart.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/2000 23:20:11
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 garry@linuxstart.com wrote:

# In my SS20, if I put in a Ross SM100 CPU, the network interface goes
# dead (can't ping, nadda).  When I do a "test net" at PROM, no go
# either.  If I put in a TMS390 (SuperSparc @ 40Mhz w/ 1 Meg Cache
# [SM51?])

SM41, isn't that?

# everything is fine, but "test net" still doesn't work (external loopback
# fails, internal is OK).  In fact, I never even noticed this problem
# until I put in the SM100.  I really don't care if "test net" works,

Actually, you do.  Is the network cable live?  If it isn't, then "test
net" will fail on the external loopback test.

# but
# I wan't to be able to get on the 'net when I use my SM100!  ;)  I'm
# running NetBSD 1.4.2/sparc and using the 10BaseT interface (le0).  Does
# anyone know why this happens? (My ROM rev is 2.15)  Tnx.

What's 'ifconfig le0' tell you?

#
# --
# Garry Dolley