Subject: Re: MYSTERY TERMS
To: Matthew Jacob <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <nordinm@Colorado.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/2000 11:42:38
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, der Mouse wrote:
> "help me with my homework / exam"

I used to ask you guys homework questions all the time.  No one seemed to
mind.  Maybe, uh, we find something insulting about being used as part of
a scavenger hunt.  I do.  It's like this guy wants to steal the NetBSD
earthenware yard-gnomes or something.  Secret Terms.

It's not the students' fault!  Blame it on the quality of the exams on
which they're trying to cheat. :'

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> Perhap's it's easy consulting $$ time here?

I like the idea of for-pay 'net tutoring.  Someone should set up a
start-up web-Python-cgi-eCraplet company.  Studly industry people could
bid dollar amounts for answering foolish undergrad questions during their
lunch breaks, and collect ratings from the students on the quality and
kindness of their answers.  Archived answers available for free, but with
banner ads from C++/MFC recruiting companies.

[if you make money off this idea, you owe me a beer]

jc's rating:( )Wizard
            (*)Stud
            ( )Instructor
            ( )Apprentice
            ( )Novice

jc: A+++++!  D00d, this guy rulez.  I totally aced my exam!

Or, he could just ask on a Linux list.

--
Miles Nordin / +1 720 841-8308