Subject: Re: NetBSD and Axil 245
To: None <t98pth@student.hk-r.se>
From: Harald Barth <haba@stacken.kth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/30/2000 13:40:45
> Anyone successfully installed netbsd on a old axil 245?
> It is suppose to be a "clone" of sparcstation 5..

It is. Stacken Computer Club has some, but I don't know which
one of the free OSes are run on them this week.

The power supplies seem to be small. I would not recommend more
more than one internal disk to keep the load down.

> Any suggestion on HOW to install netbsd on them? I have only used FreeBSD
> on i386 until now.
> Maybe from a nfs/ftp install server hmmm...

It this is your frist sparc: boot net (from the FreeBSD i386 for example).

Harald.