Subject: Re: More on Krups JavaStation (somewhat off-topic)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: David C. Myers <myers@iname.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/29/2000 09:32:21
> Which is the point.  The DHCP broadcast still fails.  My DHCP server
> claims to be offering up the proper address, but for some reason, the
> JavaStation still doesn't take it.  I've recopied the DHCP config file
> and some debug output below.

Oops.  Wouldn't you know it.  Just after sending this email, I decided
to check out ISC's web site.  Sure enough, there's a newer version of
DHCP, and this new version appears to configure the JavaStation
correctly.

For all posterity, you appear to need ISC DHCP version 2.0pl3 in order
to boot a JavaStation.  Plain old 2.0 will not work.  At least on
Solaris X86.

-David.