Subject: problem with netbooting SPARCstation 1
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/22/2000 17:30:46
I have tried to netboot a SPARCstation 1 without any luck. With
tcpdump I can see the RARP and TFTP of boot.net. The I see the
message:

13c00 >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.8
>> (he@ken.runit.no, Sun Jul  9 12:36:27 MEST 2000)
Illegal Instruction

I do not see the PARAMD phase (either with tcpdump or bootparamd -d).

I have tried several boot.net versions:
- boot.net from the base.tgz of 1.4.1
- boot.net from the base.tgz of 1.4.2
- boot.400000 from the base.tgz of 1.4.2
- boot.700000 from the base.tgz of 1.4.2
- boot.net from 20000707-1.4.3_ALPHA

They die differenly. One just hangs the system (L1-A has no effect).
Or I get a Data Access Exception. Or a message booting NetBSD (but
nothing more). So, I think I do not have the proper boot.net yet.

The system has 28 MB memory.

Any suggestions?

	rvdp