Subject: Re: Can the JS-1 do "crap VGA" 640x480 ?
To: None <dogtoy@ductape.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/18/2000 16:46:52
> You guys may want to check out
>
> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/JavaStation-HOWTO.html
>
> It seems pretty informative, but it may already be stuff you know.

Thanks, that was a more complete version of the one I already found.

Still no mention of the keyboard problem we are seeing however.

I tried hooking up a DEC-made PS/2 keboard and got the exact same
results "keyboard not found, switching to serial" as with the JS-1's
included Sun keyboard. (I also tried connecting the mouse in case that
had any side effects -- didn't make a difference.)

Is everyone's JS-1 colored like a typical SparcStation? According to the
FAQ URL above, the one I have is "Mr. Coffee White Case Variation #2" but
I note that in the last picture on the page (the lab picture), all of the
visible JavaStations look like the non-white-case "Mr. Coffee".

Maybe the white-case versions had hardware bugs? It's already clear from
the release note in the shipping carton that it was a developer's early
access version.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com