Subject: Re: JavaStation running 1.5_A
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/17/2000 08:54:59
On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> > I have a JS-1 here that I've successfully netbooted NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA
> > on. However, I have not yet succeeded in making the keyboard work.
> > What's the magic string for "eeprom input-device=" ?
>
> Are you using the keyboard that came with it?
>
> I believe Sun ships a PS/2 compatible keyboard with the JavaStation.
> The connector is very similar (but not identical) to the Type 4 and 5.

If it's a PS/2 keyboard then it's probably attached to the keyboard
controller on the SuperIO chip rather than the 16550s or zs8530, so you
would have to use the PC keyboard controller driver rather than the zs
driver or a hacked up com driver.

> Also, what about "dev / ls" and other openfirmware silliness.

What sillyness?  You can have a complete picture of all the H/W on the
machine.  How do you do that on a PC?

Eduardo Horvath