Subject: SS1 as X-terminal and "le0: whatever"
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rik van Mierlo <rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/13/2000 01:13:33
hi,

I know that this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it in the
mailinglists:
how do I turn off those stupid "le0: something failed" messages. I tried
stripping out some lines from am7990.c, but my C skills are so bad that I
couldn't get the kernel to compile anymore after that. After cursing at the
monitor for about 4 hours I realized that the le0 messages have to go before
I can actually use this machine.

Another problem that doesn't have anything to do with the previous one is
that I have a lot of problems compiling programs from the ports collection.
The compile usually stops with "illegal reloc type mix" somewhere in the
last lines. I can't remember getting these messages with 1.4.1, but I didn't
use X on it back then, and it has been close to a year since the last
reboot/install :-) so I could be wrong.

-Rik van Mierlo
-rik@ricardis.tudelft.nl