Subject: Re: Sun 4/6xx card...
To: Gerald Richter <glassman1@neonshadow.net>
From: Rob Vassar <rvassar@c514405-a.lvrmr1.sfba.home.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/24/2000 20:32:22
  It's roughly equivalent to a SS10.  It even appears to share some of the
SS10's chip set.  I have one in a 4/110 case, and it works OK as long as I
keep the vents clean, and the room temp doesn't go above 80 degrees F.

  If you intend to purchase one, make sure to get a late revision PROM so that
you can use the SuperSPARC CPU's.  If you get the older SM100 modules, you
won't be able to use more than 1 CPU under NetBSD, and they're basicly the
same CPU as a SS2.  The SuperSPARC CPU modules have the same problem with
regards to MP under NetBSD, but at least they issue 3 instructions per clock,
vs. 1 or less for the sm100's.

Good luck!

Rob