Subject: Re: Sun 4/6xx card...
To: None <glassman1@neonshadow.net>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/24/2000 19:20:48
On June 24, Gerald Richter wrote:
> .. I've seen a few floating on ebay and am considering picking one up as
> an upgrade to my 4/110.... Would it be worth putting $50 into? How much
> more advanced is it? I know i'm slightly off topic.. but... :o)

  Hooboy...It's a whole new world, my friend.  The only similarities
are the size and shape of the board.

  I've got a stack of 4/600 processor boards...and I'd gladly pay $50
for another one...if you equip it with a nice mbus module, they're
mighty capable machines.  The only bad part is that NetBSD/sparc still
doesn't have SMP support so you can't run it multiprocessor.

  Used to a 4/110?  Buy that 4/600 board.  And get some bleach for
your underwear...you'll need it.

         -Dave McGuire