Subject: mksunbootcd (was Re: Bootable CD-ROM woes...)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/21/2000 14:02:49
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Anthony DeLorenzo wrote:

> I'm having a real problem getting my hands on a bootable CD-ROM image.
[snip]
> bootable Sparc image, but it seems
> that the mksunbootcd is only available as a NetBSD package.  I'm currently
> using Slackware Linux (and Win98, I suppose) at work where I'd like to

Since this issue has come up before, I went ahead and reworked the
mksunbootcd program a bit so it will build on non-netbsd systems.  The
sources are at

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mksunbootcd/

I've added a 'configure' script so it should be as easy as

  ./configure
  make
  make install

to build the program.

It seems to work under Solaris-2.6/sparc and Linux.  Other than that its
not been thoroughly tested.

Hope this is useful.  Reports of success on other platforms are
appreciated.

-Dan